7.19.2012

Pinterest Recipe Challenge: Chocolate Chip Cookies

If you've been reading my blog you may remember I made a sort of declaration if you will, that I was going to test out all of these recipes that I pin on Pinterest, by trying at least one a week. Well.... it's been a little longer than a week.
But I do have a good one for you now. I sadly have a pretty poor will power when it comes to sweets and when I saw this pin for a fluffy, chewy, amazing chocolate chip cookie, I couldn't hit that repin button any faster.
I tested it out (...twice) and it is a pretty amazing cookie recipe. It will be my now go to cookie recipe. I like my cookie fluffy and almost cake like. If you don't, then this is not for you. This cookie stays fluffy for days, if you can keep them around that long that is.
What is so special about this recipe? You add cornstarch. Huh... that's what I thought too.
The recipe was pinned to the website of Kelsey's Apple A Day blog. Looks like she has lots of other great recipes to try as well, so check out her blog here.





Here is the recipe:

Best-Ever Chocolate Chip Cookies
barely adapted from Anna Olson, Food Network Canada

Ingredients:

3/4 c. unsalted butter, softened
3/4 c. brown sugar
1/4 c. granulated sugar
1 egg
2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 c. all purpose flour
2 tsp. cornstarch
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 c. bittersweet chocolate chips

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

2. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream together butter and sugars until fluffy and light in color. Add egg and vanilla and blend in.

3. Mix in flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt. Stir in chocolate chunks.

4. Using a standard-sized cookie scoop or tablespoon, drop dough onto a prepared baking sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes, until barely golden brown around the edges. (The tops will not brown, but do NOT cook longer than ten minutes.)

5. Let cool, on the sheet, on a wire rack for five minutes. Remove from baking sheet and let cool completely. Makes approximately 3 dozen. 

Try them and let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments mean so much to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...