9.05.2012

A Coastal Town Getaway

Last week, we took a quick local trip to escape from our home remodeling project for a bit before school started back up for our girls.
After a ferry ride and a long drive, our first stop was Seabrook, in Pacific Beach, WA. This was our first time here, and we had a GREAT time. If you are ever in this neck of the woods, we highly recommend it. It's the cutest, cape cod-like setting. Beautiful homes and cottages to rent, an indoor swimming pool, bike rentals, and a quick walk to the beach. This is also the home of last years, Coastal Living Ultimate Beach Home. Sadly, it is not available to tour anymore but you can rent it. The Novogratz are in the midst of designing a home next door however and it will be done Spring 2013. I definitely don't want to miss the tour of that home!
Here are some pictures of our trip.

 
 
 
 This is the only shot I got of the Coastal Living Ultimate Beach Home.





I loved how they used oyster shells in their landscaping, instead of bark.















We truly lucked out on the weather. It was beautiful.

Below are shots I took of our cottage we rented.
It was perfectly decorated. Loved the black and white decor!











One of my daughters, posing on the front porch.


My pictures don't even do this place justice. I really would love to visit Cape Cod, Nantucket, Martha's Vineyard, or the Hamptons some day, and I really felt this may have come close to the feel of those east coast towns. We will certainly be back. To see more info on Seabrook, look here.

Next, we drove down to Oregon and visited the towns of Seaside and Cannon Beach. Again, we really lucked out with weather. It was a lot of fun strolling through the towns, playing on the beach, and making a bonfire on the beach at night. I didn't take much pictures of this part of the trip, but here are a few beach pictures to enjoy.




We are so glad that we made ourselves take a break from the home projects and get out and enjoy some of this summer. It truly was a great mini vacation.
Now it's back to reality; girls are back in school, soccer season has begun and daylight hours are getting shorter. I am also going to crack down and work on my design course, and I am excited to start.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments mean so much to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...