9.10.2012

White Rooms

I believe you are either in the camp of  "yes, painted white walls look fabulous" or "white walls are boring and so are you." Well, I belong to the camp of white walls look fabulous! If done right, I don't think it's boring at all.
 
While looking at my inspirational photos I've pinned on Pinterest for my living room and family room, I see a very strong connection. Almost all my pictures are rooms painted white. There's something about it that feels very calming, very clean/fresh, and it just makes all the furniture and accessories in the room pop, instead of fighting with the wall color for attention.
 
Along with our little remodel we are doing with our family room and eating area with reframing and new windows, we are also repainting and I've decided to go with the white. I really want to brighten up this home since we lost a lot of natural light getting rid of the very large windows/skylights, and I really feel this is helping.
 
We are getting closer to being done but with these high ceilings and lack of time on our hands, it's been a slow process getting the painting done. Pictures will be coming soon. I hope.
In the meantime, here are some of my inspirational photos that I love.





 
 
 
What do you think? Would you paint your walls white, or do you have white walls?

3 comments:

  1. I love white walls! Can't wait to see yours.

    BTW, how's sheffield school going?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kiddos are back to school, so I am really going to sit down and get cracking on it. How about you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here, although I still have a very clingy 20 month old. I've read one leaflet so far.

      Delete

Your comments mean so much to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...