10.19.2012

Can't We All Just Get Along?

I know this is not a "interior design" post, but I came across this ecard on Pinterest today and it just annoyed me so much. I just want to see how many others either agree with this card or if you are annoyed with it as well.


1. Why can't women just support one another instead of bashing each other?
I feel I can talk about this topic intelligently because I have been both in my life, a full time working mother and a stay at home mother. I know what it is like to be both. I know there are pros and cons to both sides, and both sides are not easy.
I feel that women that talk this way have only done one and have only seen one side of things.
Don't get me wrong, I also know it goes the other way with stay at home moms bashing working moms, this is not a "pro" stay at home mom post. This is strictly a "can't we all get along" post. I am Switzerland on this topic if you will.
What I just don't understand is how one mom can bash another mom when we are all doing the best we can. Being a mom and raising kids is hard enough without the added bonus of other moms judging you. Most of us (or maybe it's just me) are filled with guilt and self-doubt already. Am I  doing a good job, am I making the right choices for my kids, are they going to need therapy when they are adults?
Why put more pressure and guilt on someone else? Will it make you feel better? Are the moms that say these remarks so unsure of their choice they have to put the other one down to make them feel better about their choice?
Just embrace the choice or position that you are in, and let other moms be. Try to be secure in your in your own decision and be compassionate with other moms and know that each side is a hard job. There is no easy side of this.  No one is making the "better" decision and no is a "better" mom just because they stay at home or they work. Let us all stand together and unite! Yea, moms!
2. Why do women (moms or not, stay at home or working) feel the need to talk about how busy they are? It's like a competition with some women on how busy you can be. They have to give you a list of all the stuff they have to complete in a day, or have completed. Do you want a medal? Are you looking for validation? We ALL have tons on our plates, whether we are working outside the home or not. Being a mom and a woman is NOT a competition!
Let's just try to be more compassionate, and judge less. It's a tough world, and we don't need to make it more harder on people.
And that's all I have to say about that....
I hope no one finds this offensive, since that is not my intention at all. Just trying to get that off my chest this morning. If you've read through the whole post, thanks for indulging me.

1 comment:

  1. Great post Stacey! I couldn't agree more! I've done both also and both are hard! Being a mom period is hard! We need to lift each other up with words of encouragement because like you said, we're all doing the best we can in our separate situations.
    Kim @ Sand & Sisal

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...