1.02.2013

Happy New Year!

Via Simplied Bee

I hope everyone had a fun night ringing in the New Year and rested yesterday. We had a quiet and simple New Year's Eve night with family and some friends, then spent yesterday pretty much on the couch.
With a new year brings new resolutions or goals. I have many on my docket this year, but the main one is to finish my interior design course through Sheffield.
The program gives you three years to complete the course, so you can work at your own pace. I have ONE year left and I have only turned in ONE unit out of  6. This work at your own pace is good but it also gives me (the self-proclaimed procrastinator) ample excuses not to get it done. Now, I have to quickly get through it.
It's not that I don't enjoy it, because I do! As I was doing a little self diagnosis on why I wasn't getting this done and why I've been putting it off, I have found that part of the reason is because I am afraid that after I am done, I still won't be as good as I want to be. Basically, I am afraid of failing.
I have such a huge passion for this stuff, and I think I have a good eye, but can I execute? That is what I am afraid I won't be able to do, even when I am finished with the course.
But I need to keep reminding myself, that if I never finish, if I never try, if I never put myself out there than I will never know.
I wish I had gone after this dream a long time ago, but as the quote above says it's never too late and I will push on!
Have you ever had a dream or wanted something badly, that you were afraid if you went after this dream, you would be crushed? I hope I am not alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments mean so much to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...