3.21.2014

Cowhide Rugs and What Would You DO?

So, I've been debating on getting a cowhide rug for under my kitchen table. I think I will pull the gun and do it but.... do I go light or dark?

world market

world market





What is your vote??

Speaking of voting and putting your two cents in... I would LOVE to start a series here on my blog called, "What would you do?"

I'm not an expert yet, and I'm still just dipping my toes into this whole designer biz, but it would be great if you had a question about your home, whether it be what paint color to use, a tile/carpet/chair/drapes/etc. to choose, a weird furniture arrangement you have, whatever...send me a photo of the room or object you are trying to decide on and I'll put in on my blog. I will try to answer what I'd do and hopefully other bloggers and/or designers that read this will put their opinion in as well. And it'll be free advice!

You can be a blogger who is stuck on an idea, or a reader of my blog. So, got a design dilemma that you need a little advice on?? Please send questions/photos to stewardofdesign@gmail.com. Or send it privately through instagram at @stewardofdesign.

Thanks! I hope you will send me some stuff, it'll be fun!

5 comments:

  1. Go dark! It will hide food stains! I have two hides in my house. One black and one cream color -- in my sons' bedrooms (1 each). I got mine from Ikea and I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For practicality, I'd go dark, since not a lot of stains would show and since it's gonna be in the kitchen. Really depends on where you put it and the type of rug you have underneath the cowhide (or if you don't). I love the 2nd one better though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I vote dark too, one because it'll hide stains and two because I think the contrast would be great in your light environ! I love the idea for your new series!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just did a post today about wanting to layer a hide rug on top of a oriental rug for our navy home office. But I'm in the same boat...I don't know if I like dark or light best, but the comments about hiding stains make a lot of sense. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a tough call - I had a dark rug under our kitchen table years ago and it showed every little crumb - drove me crazy! I think one with more pattern might do the best in hiding things. I debated and debated on a hide for our office and only recently pulled the trigger - mine is not too dark, not too light!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...