5.23.2014

Story of a Chair

I got a lot of likes and inquiries about this chair when I showed sneak peeks on Instagram, and then during my master bedroom reveal, so I thought I'd share how this chair came to be mine.




Melaine of My Sweet Savannah so graciously shared with me her upholsterer's contact info, and one day when I was picking up drapes that had been hemmed, the upholsterer showed me the chair and fabric that she was using to do Melaine's chair. When I saw the fabric alone, I knew it was going to look great. Not long after, Melaine showed the chair on her Instagram and asked if anyone was interested. Me! I was. I really don't have anything like this in my home, but I knew I loved it and I would find a spot for it. You know what? I did find the most perfect spot for it.
So, make a note if you see something you really love just get it and you will find a spot for it. And if you see an old tired chair but the bones are good, give it a little thought because it can turn into something fantastic with a little TLC and creativity.

This is what the chair looked like when Melaine found it.

Then she did her magic...

 It's kind of hard to see in the photo but it's very Restoration Hardware'ish. I am smitten with the ticking stripe details! Melaine did a great job of making over this chair!

If you don't already follow her on her blog, My Sweet Savannah, you really must. Or follow her on Instagram too. She has such great, inspirational photos that I like everyone of them and feel rather like a stalker. Oh well, I am what I am. Haha.

Also, if you are a local to me (greater Seattle area) Melaine is having a flea market type sale at her house tomorrow (Saturday, May 24). I am sure she's going to have some great things. You can see more details on her Instagram acct.

Have a great Memorial Weekend!

4 comments:

  1. I'm totally in love with your chair and would have snatched it up too! Have a great weekend Stacey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd say that chair was meant to be yours, Stacey! It's so pretty and looks really comfy too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is magical - looks perfect there for sure!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...