5.06.2012

About Me


Home is where life's adventures begin. Home is where the heart is. The ache for home lives in all of us, the safe place where we can go and not be questioned. There is nothing like staying home for real comfort. Be it ever so humble, there's no place like home. Your home should rise up to greet you. Your home should be a reflection of yourself.

Those are just some famous quotes about homes. To some people a home is just a shelter, a box and to others it means much more. Your home can be a refuge, a place to come back to that makes you feel comfortable and it wraps you up like a cozy blanket.

I am one of those people that believe a home is more than just a box. I like to think I take pride in my home and am constantly trying to think of ways to make it more aesthetically pleasing to my family and also functional. I don’t believe in having “showcase rooms”, rooms that no one is allowed to sit in. You know the ones I am talking about. I also like to call them "ghost rooms" or "museum rooms".

My philosophy is every square inch of the home should be used. It should please you and everyone else that lives in the home. It should be functional to your family’s life, and it should never be designed solely to please someone that does not live in your home. It is you that lives in the house day in and day out. It should please you, and feel comfortable to you.  You can follow the design trends that you love, but I don't like when I see someone that has taken all the latest design trends and put them all in one room. Your house should look collected over time, and not like you just designed it from a catalog page. Above all else, it should place a smile on your face when you enter the door.

 I have always had a weakness for home design, and I am addicted to home design blogs, magazines, HGTV and Décor books. My new love is Pinterest. I could be on that for hours.

I studied fashion merchandising after high school and found I was more interested in the visual merchandising part of the course. After twist and turns in my life, I ended up being a stay-at-home mom for the last thirteen years to three beautiful girls.  As my girls are now growing older, thoughts keep haunting me on what “I” want to do to with my spare time. I have heard over and over again, find something that you are passionate about and do it. So, what I am passionate about is home design. I have now enrolled into a online interior design course and hope to learn more.

I have started this blog to share what I am learning through this course. Through the years of owning our house, I have definitely made my share of design mistakes, whether it be choosing wrong colors, wrong materials, or making a room just not functional for our family. I hope to share those mistakes with you, and to share projects that I am doing at my own home now. I will share my latest “loves” in design, cleaning tips, and maybe a recipe or two thrown in along the way.

Hope you enjoy the blog and follow along!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments mean so much to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...