5.14.2012

Just a ferry ride away


Yesterday here in the PNW, we were given a beautiful gift of a glorious warm spring day. The kind of day, that almost makes all those cold, gray days disappear from our memory. I think living here in this area, makes us more appreciative of days like this, and makes everyone happy and giddy all day.

Yesterday was also Mother’s Day, and I was asked how I wanted to spend the day. Since the weather was on my side, I decided I wanted to jump onto a ferry and head over to Bainbridge Island. It is a great ferry ride to take with beautiful scenery, and the Island itself is a great little town offering cute shops to peruse through. My main objective was to visit my cousin’s store though.


My cousin, Carrie, opened up Salt and Sea almost a year ago, and it is the cutest store ever! She has such a great eye, and I am completely envious. Even her packaging is adorable.



This was my second time going and I absolutely love seeing all the things she has found. She has some new and some vintage pieces, and some coastal inspired. It’s the vintage and coastal inspired pieces that I am drawn to. I love the history of these items, and the worn, aged look. Items like this puts great personality and detail into the home.

Last time, I was here I purchased these three items.




This time I found this cute gem.



If you are in the area, you've got to check out this shop, you won’t be disappointed. Since she is always getting new things in, I know I can’t wait to go back again. If you have been there before, let me know what you think and what you bought if you found something you HAD to take home with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments mean so much to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...