7.31.2012

What's Your Style?

I came across this HomeGoods Style Finder quiz on one of my favorite blogs, The Mustard Ceiling. (Elizabeth, the author of this blog also helped me design my blog.)

I finally got around to taking this quiz and the results? I am Earthy Casual. I do think that is correct. I don't know what the other options are, but this seems to fit me quite right. I like my home to be casual and comfortable and I love having natural, earthy elements in the home.

This is what it says for me:
"You're interested in creating a welcoming home where people feel comfortable and happiness flourishes. You appreciate the warmth and individuality of natural materials and handcrafted things and are inspired by colors and forms from nature. You love mixing up different textures and are sensitive to the tactile qualities of objects. Your style is grounded and solid, not flighty or frilly. And you are never taken in by the trend of the moment.
You value order. You feel happiest if your home is well organized. You understand that when your house is in order, your mind feels clearer. Rather than a lot of meaningless objects or overly-designed items, you are happier with a few well-placed things. Your home is your respite from a busy life. Try to avoid letting things into your home that you don't really love."

After reading this again, it really does nail down my style. I am definitely not frilly. I don't take into the trends too fast, I move a little slow in that direction. Other than color on an object, I think texture is a very close second when it comes to what attracts me to something. I love me some texture. Objects that I find I am drawn to are reclaimed wood, sisal/seagrass type rugs, flokati type rugs, cashmere, silk or linen drapes, baskets, metal, seashells, driftwood, wicker, and anything a little aged.

I also love me some order. Some of my friends comment on how my house is always in order but believe me they don't know how fast I can scramble and throw things into the laundry room and shut the door. I can move like the wind, when I want to.

I do feel most happy when things are where they should be and are easily found. I hate the feeling of trying to find something when you are running late and the thing you are looking for is not where it should be. When life can be so chaotic with having kids and just life in general, it is nice to come home to a clean and organized home. It does put my mind at ease and it is the one thing in life I can control. Well, I can control it but I don't always have the energy to control it, if you know what I mean.

The Happy Home Colors chosen to my style are these.


These colors do fit me. They are not colors that are currently in my home, but some of them are colors that I will be changing to as I redecorate the house room by room. Right now, my house I would describe as being more on the Autumn side of colors. Lots of beige, brown, rust, green, and mustard colors. I am now wanting more light spring and summer colors. Whites, blues, greys, and navy. I don't know if my tastes are changing or if I am just trying to bring more calmness into my home through color. I little of both I think.

My Design Challenge was Light. This is SO true. That is part of why I need to go lighter in my colors around the house. We live in a wooded neighborhood, sort of in a little hole and it gets pretty dark in the house. So, I really need to lighten things up around here.

My Happy Place is Outside. Which is also true. One of my favorite things about our home is our backyard. We don't actually have a yard, it's a deck and then a huge hill. But the hill is filled with plants and flowers. I love sitting back there in the summer on my chaise lounge, listening to the birds. It is a quiet neighborhood and it's very calming back there.

So, take this quiz. I am really curious if you find your results fit you. Are your results dead on or are they a miss? Take the quiz and let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments mean so much to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...