11.07.2013

Pre-teen Hangout Room Reveal

It's here! I have reached the 6 week mark of the One Room Challenge. The challenge was to transform a room in 6 weeks, and here it is. Thank you so much Linda for opening up this fun challenge (aka kick in my rear) to all bloggers in your link up party.
Let's take a little stroll down memory lane for a bit, shall we? This is what the room looked like before.
This little space is connected to my 12 year old daughter's room. It was sort of in this transitional mode, since her older sister just moved out of their shared bedroom into her own bedroom. It needed a little updating from little kid space to the fun "eye rolling... I know!" age that she has now entered.
Actually, she is quite a good kid. I shouldn't paint such a bad picture of her. Guess we all go through those fun years, right?











And BAM! just like that it is transformed!































So there it is. I have a few minor tweaking to do. If you have eagle eyes, you may have noticed some of the moldings are missing, and I need to repaint the door molding. If you didn't see those things, please disregard.
Also, I ordered this fun tassel garland to put on her chalkboard wall. Unfortunately it has not arrived yet, but I will post photos of it once it's here.


I am pretty happy with the way things turned out in this space and I think my daughter is pretty happy as well. Fun times should be had in this space with her friends and maybe she'll let her sister in once in awhile. Heck, I might go in there and hide from time to time.

Please go visit our lovely hostess Linda's blog, Calling it Home. You will be able to see the MANY other bloggers that linked up to this fun challenge as well. So many good projects and spaces were transformed, I was shocked and excited to follow them all during these past 6 weeks.

And guess what? Linda is hosting another round in April. I have just the room I want to tackle too!
Shh... don't tell my husband. If you have a blog and didn't link up this time, you will have your chance this spring!

Thank you all who visited my blog during these weeks, and those that left encouraging words. It was so nice and SO appreciated. Thank you, thank you!!!

17 comments:

  1. Love it! How nice to have an area to just hang and be girly! xo nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stacey, this room makes me want to be a girl again!! What a great space for your daughter and her sister and friends!! I love it! The chalkboard wall and lights, the striped wall (total ombre affect), the colors and the all the fun little details like the poufs and the hangers for jewelry are all so fabulous, what a lucky kid!! Thanks for sharing the progression, it really came out great!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cozy space. Your ombre stripes turned out lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cool & sophisticated...a room to grow into!! The chalkboard wall, beanbags & lights look awesome...well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the mentions, Stacey. I am happy my husband does't read my blog for exactly that reason. Do they really need to know? I love this hang out space. I know you wanted a slightly different wall treatment, but this one looks fantastic. The chalkboard wall with the industrial lighting is brilliant and will last forever. My daughter does her Algebra on her chalkboard, so it goes into High School. I think there will be a few sleepovers in this space, too. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stacey, I am convinced that your 12-year-old daughter and mine would be great friends if we lived near one another - the love for One Direction, the jewelry, and of course the tween eye rolling are standard fare at our house too! I truly love how your walls turned out - I like it better than the ombre and I'm not just saying that! The chalkboard wall is awesome and I love that colorful pouf (where did you get it??). I'm taking away so many ideas from this for when I do the same space we have between my daughters' rooms - thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a fabulous room for your daughter! I love the striped walls and I think it looks so much better than the ombre would have - and the chalkboard wall is wonderful! (Oh, don't worry - they will be out of that eye rollin stage before you know it!) Wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a neat space! I love how you have transformed it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful and cool hang out spot!!!! I love how you added the lights on the chalkboard wall and of course glad you got that cool woven basket from TARGET! I bet she's very happy with this space especially in seeing 1D on the door!!!!! I alos love the stripe treatment on the wall!! Another great job Stacey! CHEERS!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know you had issues with painting the walls and changed your original plans, but I love the stripes- they look great! Such a cozy hangout spot for your daughter...great job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ha Ha....that poster....I was thinking that it was a picture of your kids....thinking that can't be....she has 5 boys? Then I had to re-read it to see that was just not true:) Goofball. Love the changes. That little pouf with the ball fringe is adorb. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks great Stacey! I love how the walls turned out!!! Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fun space! Love the details!
    -shelley

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fab hangout! The tassel is going to look awesome on the chalkboard wall, it's just going to pop!

    ReplyDelete
  15. How cool! I would have died for a space like this! So bright and happy but very 'cool' :) Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You did a great job and the wall colors came out beautiful! Yes, these years are all about jewelry and floor seating, among other things. I love how you have used the jewelry decoratively on the wall. And the chalkboard wall!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...