2.12.2016

Broken House Update

It's been awhile since I've blogged and thought I'd give you a little update on what I'm calling our Broken House.

If you missed what happened to our house in November and don't follow me on Instagram. You can read my last post here.

It's been almost 3 months since a tree fell on our house, and here is where we are today.




Not a lot of progress in those 3 months. I will dive into all of what's happened in those last 3 months later. I will also be giving tips on what to do to protect yourself in cases like this and tips on making your life easier with dealing with your insurance company in case of fire, theft, or let's say a tree falling on your house. Our insurance company has been great so far and the delay is not the fault of them or our contractor, it's just the whole darn process which I will dive into in a later post I promise. I have lots of tips to share for sure but I pray no one has to go through what we've gone through.

Let's take a little look back at what it looked like before.

 

The silver lining in all of this is I'm FINALLY getting my new kitchen that I've been dreaming of for the last almost 15 years since we've lived here. You can see in the above photos how cut off the kitchen was with that horizontal cupboard blocking any vision into the family area. I've got big plans for these two rooms and I will post those ideas/plans on another post, that I swear won't take another 2 months to post.

Hope you'll follow along with me on the rebuilding process! I will be more good about posting more frequently so you'll see the up to date progress, but to be fair there wasn't any progress to talk about until now. I'll be back soon!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments mean so much to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...